Custom Search

About Me

India
"IF YOU THINK I HAVE A ATTITIDE PROBLEM THEN I THINK YOU HAVE A PERCEPTION PROBLEM"...

Jul 18, 2008

Chennai is beautiful:

Chennai is more stunning than what it is actually.
For its long beaches, the suburban trains, wide roads, over crowded t.nagar, the bessi, the central station, the Spencer plaza the amazing ECR, the kollywood, rajini, kamal n what not, you name it we have it.

But why do people go boo, when they hear the name “Chennai”
No.1. Heat, oh yeah we agree, Chennai is “Super Hot”
No.2. is it for its cleanliness?
No.3. the kind of people?
No.4. or is there any thing else?

There is this small incident I want to share, I was on my way to my office at around 8 in the morning and I was crossing the Thousand lights subway, I see a old govt. employee cleaning up every single tile in the side walls and I take a few steps further down I see another old lady spit in the very same wall. I immediately burst out asking if she didn’t see the other lady cleaning up. She almost started to brawl, asking why I was bothered and if it was my house she spat in. I simply walked back with an outrage.

But what really is happening here. When will people realize what they are doing to this city? Can we really change the attitudes of people who don’t realize they ought to be keeping there own city clean.

Let’s imagine a Chennai with uncontaminated water flowing in the Koovam River, with more dirt free beaches, hygienic railway stations, etc., I’m sure Chennai will be the most talked about state in the country.

Now who has to take a call, the people who are not bothered about cleanliness or the state municipality corporation or who? It’s still an unanswered question…!

For The kind of culture Chennai has followed, for the number of intelligent brains Chennai has got and for the nature’s gorgeousness, Chennai deserves to be spoken about.

No comments: